Cultivating a culture that lies within the diversity of our employees.
- Energy efficiency – dedicated resource monitors energy use daily, reduce load during peak periods, DRA use, voluntary shut-down during February 2020 cold weather event and stayed down in smaller communities to support grid
- Emergency preparedness – annual ICS Training, PREP drills and Incident Management Team drills, use of Incident Action Plan Software, active member of AOPL/API Emergency Response Group, environmental performance in top quartile compared to industry peers
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions – electric pumps are used systemwide. No GHG emissions from the pipeline system or pump stations.
- Pipeline monitoring – 24/7/365 monitoring from central control center, daily inventory accounting, use of LeakWarn software, systemwide aerial and foot patrols
- Climate risk – monitor pump and motor temperatures for safe operation, increase frequency of water draws during extreme cold weather events, rent additional water pumps for the GCR during hurricane season
- Wellness – annual biometric screening and report, free counseling through the EAP, annual training on financial health, fitness expense reimbursement
- Safe working conditions – perform pre-job safety meetings, monthly incident reviews, near miss app, sharing of lessons learned, Safety Committee, PSMS, every employee has stop work authority and obligation, industry leader regarding annual safety performance
- Employee benefits – medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LT/ST disability, FSA, 401(k) retirement plan, pet insurance, 529 college savings plan, critical illness/accident, HealthJoy, Cariloop, Teledoc, PrivacyArmor, profit sharing
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Belonging – seek diverse workforce through recruiting efforts, annual training on inclusion, collaboration, listening and understanding, promote equity through fair compensation and opportunity for advancement, Destination Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity Council, Employee Innovation Council, annual employee engagement and safety culture surveys, Employee Voice, monthly all-employee communication sessions
- Community Support – Partner Agency program, employee donation matching, paid volunteer time, United Way, Community Outreach Committee
- Ethical standards – Code of Conduct & Business Ethics Policy, CEO sets the tone at the top, company-wide annual review and certification, mandatory in-person training
- Officer & Director diversity & governance – six officers and directors represent diversity in gender and race, Board oversight of risk and compliance with four quarterly meetings and special meetings called as needed, all employee compensation tied directly to safety and environmental goals which are determined annually
- Stakeholder engagement – mail pipeline information brochures to approximately 249,000 addresses annually, including residences, businesses, excavators, farmers, public officials and schools, respond to about 64,000 one-call tickets annually, sponsor 70 local (5 states) public awareness and training meetings annually
- Enterprise cyber & risk management – Leadership Team reviews enterprise risk annually and addresses in the strategic planning process, formal ERM survey every three years to rank strategic, operational, compliance and financial risks, mandatory company-wide cyber security training, frequent validation testing and tabletop exercises
- Helpline – EthicsPoint hosts an independent third-party hotline for reporting safety concerns, ethics or policy violations, reports may be made 24/7 online or by calling a toll-free number